The City Garden is the oldest park in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, located in the center of the city in front of the former royal palace. It was officially opened on April 4, 1878 and was originally called the Alexandrovska Garden.
It is located between "Knyaz Al. Batenberg "(and through it is connected to" Tsar Osvoboditel "Blvd.) to the northeast," Diakon Ignatiy "Str. southeast," Gen. Gurko " on the southwest and " Knyaz Al. Batenberg " to the northwest.
Around the City Garden are the Bulgarian National Bank, the Bulgaria Hall, the Ministry of Defense, the Ivan Vazov National Theater, the Ministry of Transport, the new Grand Hotel Sofia, the City Art Gallery. It is a popular open-chess game in Sofia.