Chapel-mausoleum "St. Georgi Pobedonosets "was built in the period 1903-1907 in the memory of the Russian and Romanian warriors killed in the battles around Pleven during the Russian-Turkish War of 1877/1878. The proposal for its building was submitted for discussion to the Tsar Liberator Alexander II Committee on May 18, 1902. At the end of the same year a national competition was announced, involving twelve Bulgarian architects. On March 23, 1903, the winner is announced- Arch. Pencho Koychev. The monumental building, a memorial of gratitude, was built in Bulgarian church style.